This position requires the ability to secure a security clearance of secret level.
Review, analyze and evaluate business systems and user needs. Document requirements, define scope and objectives and formulate systems to parallel overall business strategies.
Location: Arlington, Virginia
- Obtain requirements using interviews, document analysis, requirements workshops, surveys, site visits, business process descriptions use cases, scenarios, business analysis, and task and workflow analysis.
- Critically evaluate information gathered from multiple sources, reconcile conflicts, decompose high-level information into details, abstract up from low-level information to a general understanding, and distinguish user requests from the underlying true needs.
- Write, or assist in the writing of, functional requirements, use cases, GUI mockups, and screen and interface designs.
- Successfully engage in multiple initiatives simultaneously.
- Serve as the conduit between the customer community and the software development team through which requirements flow.
- Works closely with the Project Manager and Data Architect.
- Develop requirement specifications according to FSI templates, using natural language.
Education and/or Experience
Minimum Education Required
- BS/BA degree in Computer Science, Information Sciences, or related IT discipline
- Allowable Substitution: Additional ten (10) years of related professional experience can be substituted for a BS/BA degree.
- Certified Scrum Master (CSM)
Minimum Experience Required
- A minimum of 5 (five) years of professional experience as a business analyst
- A minimum of 8 (eight) years related in the software development field.
- Be equally adept designing new, and re-engineering existing, systems.
- Possess strong analytical and product management skills, including a thorough understanding of how to interpret customer business needs and translate them into application and operational requirements.
- Possess excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to interact professionally with a d verse group, including managers, clients, and other members of the development team.
- A minimum of two years professional experience working as a business analyst is desired.
- Experience with Agile Scrum methodologies and the Scrum Master role.
- Evaluate cloud applications, platforms, infrastructures and standards in order to align with current and future business strategies.
- Evaluate and recommend COTS, Cloud or GOTS, application software packages.
The minimum experience and education requirements for this position are due to the complexity, at the project level, of the tasks at hand. This position will be instrumental in gathering requirements and building customer relationships. This position will provide guidance and support to all technical positions including system architects, developers and database administrators. The requirements as stated above reflect industry standards.