Content Management Specialist
The Content Management Specialist ensures the overall quality of products and materials. This role also ensures that products meet usability standards, function properly on delivery platforms, and comply with government policies that include, but are not limited to handling of personally identifiable information (PII). The role also manages records of developed courses and course changes
Location: Arlington, Virginia
- Provides editing & proofreading of the division’s materials/products.
- Tests products for functionality.
- Works with design team (instructional designer, web content editor, graphic designer, and web developer) to address usability and functionality issues early in the design process.
- Ensures proper recordation and archiving of completed products/versions of products.
- Responds to data calls on product versions, product content, and other details as necessary.
- Converts digital products into other formats, such as print documents or word processing files, to aid in review of content.
- Assists helpdesk with testing/verification of user tickets, and coordinates changes/updates with technical staff.
- Conducts testing of legacy courses to ensure functionality with new systems and technologies, coordinates needed changes with technical staff.
- Maintains a record of product versions and manages change requests to products.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Additional Experience - Experience in LMS course administration and user support.
- Additional Experience - Familiarity with US Government web development policies and standards.
- Additional Experience - Familiarity with UI/UX principles.
- Additional Experience - Experienced with appropriate hardware and software used in the creation of digital media.
- Additional Experience - Experience with change and version control systems
Education and/or Experience
Minimum Education Required
- Bachelor’s degree in Journalism, English, Communications, or a related field.
Minimum Experience Required
- Minimum 2 years related experience.
- Demonstrated experience with online delivery platforms including, but not limited to, responsive websites and mobile applications.
- Demonstrated copyediting skills, proofreading skills, and ability to apply AP or other industry-standard style guides.
- Ability to multitask under strict deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong interpersonal skills (written and verbal).
The Content Management Specialist requires 2 years of specialized experience in order to provide testing and analysis of more complex or cutting-edge products that are often not encountered in typical entry-level assignments for e-learning. He or she should be familiar with a wide variety of multimedia products and testing applications, as well as learning management systems