The Foreign Service Institute (FSI) — Digital Learning Division (DLD) designs and develops eLearning and Continuous Learning courses, products, and resources which are hosted in a variety of environments: web, Learning Management Systems (LMS), and SharePoint. DLD seeks an individual for the position who has demonstrated experience collaborating effectively with Subject Matter Experts (SMEs) to conduct needs/audience analyses, develop training objectives and course/product outlines, design courses/product content, and assessment items, as well as conduct evaluation and needs assessment studies and analyze their results. Experience producing a wide variety of products, including “responsive” websites is highly valued. EOE M/F D/V.
Location: Arlington, Virginia
- Works on priority courses and dealing with high level bureau and school/center clients, as well as designing a variety of complex, media-rich, and highly interactive courses and products beyond standard eLearning courses—these are considered tasks above entry-level for the field.
- Creates high-quality learning products to meet the needs of the Foreign Service Institute Designs a variety of learning solutions, including but not limited to e-learning, mobile apps, microlearning, blended learning, and instructional games.
- Collaborates with stakeholders to clarify performance gaps, write clear objectives, formulate instructional approach, design learning solutions, and produce evaluation instruments.
- Works with development staff to produce solutions.
- Maintains a thorough knowledge of subjects important to Foreign Service Officers and applies knowledge to produce appropriate, effective, and meaningful learning solutions.
- Other duties as assigned.
- BS/BA in instructional design, educational technology, or related field. The industry standard for a position within this field requires a B.A./B.S. in Instructional Design or related area.
- Minimum 3 years of instructional design experience.
- Demonstrated experience with at least two types of digital learning solutions (including, but not limited to: e-learning courses, mobile learning, simulations, microlearning, ePublishing, blended learning/flipped classroom, and games.)
- Demonstrated ability to develop training objectives, design learning solutions, and produce evaluations.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively write, review, and edit content.
- Demonstrated ability to apply learning theories and models to different learning contexts.
- Demonstrated experience working with project teams (e.g.: Graphic Artists, Developers, and Editors) to produce professional e-learning.
- Demonstrated knowledge of responsive web design, interface usability guidelines, Section 508 accessibility, SCORM, learning management systems, and integration of media into web-based training applications.
- Positive and proactive customer service skills.
- Familiarity with US government web/mobile development policies and standards.
- Knowledge of language learning principles.
- Experience with video/animation.
- Experience with microlearning
- Experience with Cornerstone LMS
We want to hear from you!
To apply, please submit your resume by clicking on the button below.