Lead Business Analyst
This position requires the ability to secure a security clearance of secret level, if needed.
The Lead Business Analyst provides vital monitoring and analysis of the eLearning program, ensuring quality and offering timely recommendations for improvements to products and processes. This key position also monitors resource assignments and allocation across the program. In addition, the Lead Business Analyst serves as a vital link between business objectives and educational technology by supporting the team in several areas, which include but are not limited to: documenting and communicating results of completed work, providing data analysis, responding to data calls, evaluating current practices, researching current industry trends, and gathering requirements for future work. At the direction of the government staff, the business analyst analyzes the current state to help chart a path to the desired future state. In addition to the above, the position will monitor the Business Analyst section for workload, recommend Business Analysts for projects based on skills and abilities, identify common issues among different projects, and propose new strategies as appropriate.
Location: Arlington, Virginia
- Monitors eLearning programs and related analytics.
- Monitor product quality across the program and escalates concerns to ensure high-quality outcomes.
- Provides timely recommendations to government staff on course improvements and process improvements.
- Monitors resource assignments, utilization, and performance.
- Evaluates business processes and develops/implements improvement strategies.
- Stays up-to-date on the latest project process methodologies, educational solutions, and IT advancements to modernize processes and products.
- Applies web analytics to analyze student interactions in online learning activities.
- Conducts ad hoc analyses to investigate ongoing or operational issues.
- Conducts benchmarking studies and studies of industry trends.
- Gathers data from multiple sources, reconciles conflicts, and distills information to appropriate level.
- Gathers and analyzes requirements.
- Works with technical staff and stakeholders to align solutions to business requirements.
- Documents program activities and projects, maintains records of that information, and communicates those results in various forms (reports, data sheets, etc.) to support management needs.
- Communicates findings and insights to cross-functional team members and management.
- Gathers and reports critical information from meetings with various stakeholders.
- Analyzes resource usage and recommends allocations/adjustments to maintain cost efficiency.
- Prioritizes initiatives based on business needs and requirements and coordinates with government leadership.
- Manages projects, develops project plans, and monitors performance to ensure timely and cost-effective completion.
- Oversees a team of business analysts, monitoring work products and escalating concerns as appropriate.
- Recommends personnel for projects based on skills and abilities.
- Provides support to business analysts to facilitate tight timelines in a results-oriented environment and advises improvements to design using coaching and mentoring techniques.
- Acts as liaison between business analyst section and other technical staff, if necessary.
- Represents the section in planning meetings with government staff.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Additional Experience - Consulting experience.
- Additional Experience - MBA or Master’s degree in a field related to technology-based learning.
- Additional Experience - Demonstrated experience with Agile project management methodologies.
- Additional Experience - Demonstrated experience in providing cost-benefit analyses for technology-based learning projects.
- Additional Experience - Demonstrated understanding of Section 508 accessibility guidelines.
Education and/or Experience
Minimum Education Required
- A bachelor’s degree in business or field related to technology-based learning.
Minimum Experience Required
- Minimum 5 years of experience in a business analysis or a related position.
- Minimum 10 years of experience in a role related to eLearning design and production.
- Demonstrated experience with industry-standard data analysis software.
- Demonstrated experience with Learning Analytics–the educational application of web analytics to gather and analyze details of individual student interactions in online learning activities.
- Demonstrated experience with the full development life cycle of technology-based learning products.
- Knowledge of development tools, methodologies, and best practices for technology-based learning.
- Knowledge of SCORM and learning management systems.
- Demonstrated experience creating detailed reports and giving presentations.
- Demonstrated experience developing and leading teams.
- Demonstrated experience in gathering requirements, writing requirements, and documenting user stories.
- Demonstrated experience writing project proposals, cost-benefit analyses, and business cases.
- Demonstrated experience estimating the level of effort for technology-based learning projects.
- Demonstrated experience leading projects.
- Demonstrated experience tracking, analyzing, and reporting project & program costs, including but not limited to burn-down rates and estimates to completion.
The Lead Business Analyst provides vital monitoring and analysis of the eLearning program. A bachelor’s degree is required to ensure the Lead Business Analyst holds basic technical knowledge, analysis, and problem-solving skills that are appropriate to the field. The position requires a wealth of technical knowledge and experience in how eLearning, mobile, and other digital learning products are developed, and in leveraging technology to meet business objectives. The position also requires the demonstrated leadership skills to monitor and coach other Business Analysts.