Information Assurance (IA)/Security Specialist
This position requires the ability to secure a security clearance of secret level, if needed.
The Mobile SWE Solution Architect – Android is a key role in creating Android mobile applications development at FSI. This role is a key player in mobile functional design, UI/UX design, Android development, and the automated testing of mobile and web-based products.
Location: Arlington, Virginia
- Designs, develops, and maintains data-driven, modular, scalable, and reusable Android applications in multiple foreign languages using Java and Android Studio for distribution on the Google Play Store, the FSI Enterprise App Store, and Government Furnished Equipment; integrating back-end Android APIs and third-party Android libraries as needed.
- Collaborates in an agile environment with stakeholders and the mobile team to develop technical ideas and guide their development into a final product.
- Applies knowledge of Android frameworks to provide insight into the limitations and consequences of specific iOS design and development decisions.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Additional Experience - Experience developing automated tests and scripts and conducting automated testing of Android applications.
- Additional Experience - Experience tracking and updating changes using code version control software/services, such as Git.
- Additional Experience - Experience identifying and correcting functional, performance, and UI issues.
- Additional Experience - Experience maintaining a consistent standard of code quality and organization.
- Additional Experience - Experience supporting Android and web development using Java, Android Studio, and other tools as needed.
- Additional Experience -Experience collaborating with the cross-functional Mobile Team to define, design, develop, and deploy new products and features that meet customer, project, and regulatory (508) requirements; working independently as needed.
- Additional Experience - Experience with XCode and NodeJS.
- Additional Experience -Experience working with foreign languages.
Education and/or Experience
Minimum Education Required
- Bachelor’s in Engineering, Computer Science, or a related field.
- Allowable Substitution: Additional ten (10) years of related professional experience can be substituted for a BS/BA degree.
Minimum Experience Required
- Minimum 5 years related experience.
- Proven ability to develop and apply technologies, engineering principles, theories, and concepts to mobile solutions.
- Experience planning, designing, and engineering advanced Android applications, including development, integration, implementation, and testing.
- Experience with Java, Android Studio, Objective-C, HTML, JS, CSS, and Python.
The Mobile Software Engineer (SWE) – Web will develop multimodal eLearning products. This will continue to be an emerging technology for FSI and this level of experience and education is required to meet the challenges involved.