Senior Web Designer
This position requires the ability to secure a security clearance of secret level.
A Senior Web Designer understands both graphic design and computer programming and sets the look, layout, and features of the websites at a department level. This position needs to set an example for and be prepared to mentor other web designers.
Location: Arlington, Virginia
- Design and build web pages using a variety of graphics software applications, techniques, and tools. Design the website to support the organization's strategies and goals relative to external communications.
- Create site hierarchy, page wire frames, and comps for both desktop and mobile platforms. Design Email template designs.
- Design and develop user interface features, site animation, and special-effects elements. Contribute to the design group's efforts to enhance the look and feel of the organization's online offerings.
- Provide leadership and mentoring to the organization’s other designers, providing design direction.
- Prepare and delivers design presentations for senior management.
- Describe design options to stakeholders, both verbally and in writing.
Education and/or Experience
Minimum Education Required
- BS/BA degree in Computer Science, Information Sciences, or related IT discipline
- Allowable Substitution: Additional ten (10) years of related professional experience can be substituted for a BS/BA degree.
- Certified Scrum Master (CSM)
Minimum Experience Required
- A minimum of 8 (eight) years of professional experience in application and web application design at a senior level.
- A minimum of 10 (ten) years related in the user interface graphical design field.
- The contractor must have an advanced understanding of online usability.
- The contractor must be familiar with website accessibility and Section 508.
- The following are strongly desired: familiarity with Distance Learning Management systems and distance learning concepts.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills and be capable of capturing design requirements from meetings with project stakeholders
The minimum experience and education requirements for this position reflect industry standards. This position will be instrumental in providing design support to our applications at the program level.
We want to hear from you!
To apply, please submit your resume by clicking on the button below.