This position requires the ability to secure a security clearance of secret level.
A System Architect design and develops systems; identifies major components; determines impact on work flow processes; and develops testing strategies, test cases and testing plans. This position will also design databases and developing methods used in these databases.
Location: Arlington, Virginia
- Develop technical roadmaps for future implementations, integrations and redesigns. Prepare and provide software-related technical documentation.
- Define, evaluate, review, plan, and implement solutions, engineering applications and data structures; efficient data access designs and formats. Adapting to changing business needs, provide accurate and consistent data, implementing organizational data sharing while maintaining affordable costs.
- Perform feasibility analysis on potential future projects to management.
- Identify problems and recommend solutions using evidence-based, data driven analysis. Produce estimates and lead the execution of approved work streams and tasks.
- Document systems, SOPs and best practices for software developers, QA, DB Admins and other engineers.
- Collaborate, guide and mentor other programmers and team members to design and implement features
- Act as team leader on project. Instruct, assign, direct, and check the work of other software developers on development team. Facilitate change control, problem management, and communication among programmers and analysts.
Education and/or Experience
Minimum Education Required
- MS degree in Computer Science, Information Sciences, Cyber Security or related IT discipline.
- Allowable Substitution: BS or BA degree and an additional ten (10) years of professional experience related to the specific position can be substituted for an MS or MA degree.
Minimum Experience Required
- The most recent 10 years’ experience must demonstrate work as System Architect; designing and implementing information systems involving hardware, software, database storage, and network platforms including cloud.
- A minimum of 15 (fifteen) years related in the Software Development field.
- Evaluate applications already in place. Create diagrams representing current application designs, data architecture and flows. Evaluate cloud applications, platforms, infrastructures and standards in order to align with current and future business strategies. Evaluate and recommend COTS, Cloud or GOTS, application software packages.
- Must be able to envision solutions to complex problems and be able to explain and demo them to technical and nontechnical audiences.
- Implement maintain and update application source control, software build, versioning and deployment utilizing latest Team Foundation Server while utilizing best practices.
- Implement different authentication methods, such as Single Sign-On via Active Directory, two-factor authentication, ADFS, SAML and OAuth 2.0.
- Expert knowledge on monitoring and improving system performance including tuning, application profiling, code scanning tools and able to facilitate code reviews.
- Expert knowledge of Relational Databases and creating stored procedures. Able to produce ERD with normalized data structures. Ability to develop, troubleshoot, and deploy database T-SQL scripts.
- Expert with TFS and source control in a team environment. Create/Modify Build definitions on Team Foundation Create Projects and Branching on Team Foundation Server.
The minimum experience and education requirements for this position are due to the complexity, at the program level, of the tasks at hand. This senior level position will be instrumental in designing, updating and maintaining mission critical systems. This position will provide guidance and support to all technical positions including system architects, developers and database administrators. The requirements as stated above reflect industry standards.