Technical Writer IV
The Foreign Service Institute (FSI) — Digital Learning Division (DLD) designs and develops eLearning and Continuous Learning courses, products, and resources which are hosted in a variety of environments: web, Learning Management Systems (LMS), and SharePoint. DLD seeks an individual for the position who has demonstrated experience collaborating with an integrated team to write and edit a variety of products including: technical documentation, training narratives, job aids, standard operating procedures, marketing materials, and various reports. Experience producing a wide variety of training and educational products, specifically eLearning, is highly valued. EOE M/F D/V.
- A minimum of 7 years experience in technical writing and a BA/BS in a relevant field or 5 years experience with a MS/MA in relevant field.
- Significant skill at writing technical descriptions of the functionality of web-based applications such that they make sense to the non-technical reader and may be understood by learners in an eLearning course or product.
- Significant ability to organize and edit materials produced by Subject Matter Experts or content design team members, with ability to communicate (both orally and in writing) in a tactful manner.
- Significant experience with developing help system documentation and samples for training associated with web-based training applications.
- Significant ability to prioritize tasks effectively, work with minimal supervision, meet deadlines, and produce excellent quality work on multiple simultaneous projects.
- Outstanding analytical, problem solving, project, content, and time management skills.
- Significant proven experience as a member of a team and as a team leader; strong interpersonal skills and a customer service orientation, particularly with clients from a wide variety of cultures.
- Ability to lead and mentor team members.
- MS/MA in relevant field highly valued.
- Experience with eBooks/publishing valued.
- 13 to 18 days PTO, depending on years of employment
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- 401K savings plan
- Educational assistance program
- Commuter benefits
- 10 paid holidays